Le Petit Marche

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

How and What Does Your Garden Grow?

I tried doing container gardening a few years ago since all I have is a balcony (I live on the 2nd floor). It was quite fun and I had tomatoes, 3 varieties of peppers, strawberries, and the herbs; rosemary, basil, mint and parsley.  And lots of flowers as usual. It was some work and working full time I didn't devote as much time, and although it thrived and I managed to keep those nasty huge green tomato worms at bay I decided last year I'd just do the herbs and flowers.  Now this year, I'm even a year lazier than last, so it will be just flowers.  I hung a few prettily painted and decorative birdfeeders and the finches and sparrows come and visit, but they toss the seeds all over the place. Dirty but delightful little critters! :)

So the ESN blog theme this week is "How does your Garden Grow".  But I have nothing in my store that has to do with gardening, but it got me to thinking, I bet the Boutenko family gardens.  And I have a book about their journey to eating raw foods: Raw Family - A True Story of Awakening.
The front of the book has photos of all kinds of veggies, fruits and even flowers, so all bases covered here!  You can find this book at Le Petit Marche 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment