Le Petit Marche

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Are Angels Among Us?

This weeks theme for the scavenger hunters at ESN is Angels.  I pondered on this subject thinking about angels, are they history or mystery?  Do they really have wings?  After all, none of the angels in the film "City of Angels" (Nicholas Cage, Meg Ryan), had wings.  The angels kind of just appeared; invisibly of course; everywhere they were needed.  And in "It's a Wonderful Life", (James Stewart, Donna Reed) at the end of the film a bell rings on the Christmas tree and Zuzu announces "everytime a bell rings an angel gets its' wings", and James Stewart announces "atta boy Clarence" referring to Clarence earning his wings.  And in "The Preachers Wife" (Denzel Washington, Whitney Houston" (remake of the 1948 film titled "The Bishops Wife"  with Cary Grant and Loretta Young) the angel "Dudley" is a human.  Anyway, the whole history of angels is quite fascinating and frankly, I believe in them.  And I personally have no reason not to believe they are hanging around down here  helping us out when it's warranted. The very idea (or some sort of discovery??)  of angels goes back BC, or your religious deity of choice. Ah, but I've gotten off the track.   Le Petit Marché has a few lovely angels, with wings, as that apparently is how the artist felt they should be made.  This one is:

She is playing a harp, but I bet angels can play anything they desire!  Come visit all the fine merchants at Ecrater Stores Network to see what angelic items you can discover! 

2 comments:

  1. Once again you have written an interesting and well researched post. I always enjoy reading what you write. I too, was puzzled about the wings. Some people believe in a personal guardian angel. Some Native Americans believe in a personal spirit protector. I was going to post about the similarity but decided not to. Keep up the fine work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Paul, I am so intrigued by so many things! I am not at all surprised that some Native Americans would have a personal spirit protector, we really are all connected in one way or another I believe.

    ReplyDelete